For the purpose of the Data Protection Act of 1998, State Technology (UK) Ltd T/A Computer Nerds is our data handler.
Operation of this site may require collection and processing of the following data:
- Visit details to our site or any resources used on our site are not limited to just location and traffic data, weblogs or other communication information.
- Information given to us when you contact us for any reason.
- Data offered by filled out forms on our site, like a registration or purchase.
Our advertisers and us may have the occasion to collect information in regards to your computer for our services. The information is gained in a statistical manner for our use or advertisers on our site.
Data gathered will not identify you personally. It is strictly aggregate statistical data about our visitors and how they used our resources on the site. No identifying personal information will be shared at any time via cookies.
Close to the above, data gathering can be about general online use through a cookie file. When used, cookies are automatically placed in your hard drive where information transferred to your computer can be found. These cookies are designed to help us correct and improve our site’s services or products for you.
You may elect to decline all cookies via your computer. Every computer has the ability to decline file downloads like cookies. Your browser has an option to enable the declining of cookies. If you do decline cookie downloads you may be limited to certain areas of our site, as there are parts of our site that require cookies.
Any of our advertisers may also have a use for cookies. We are not responsible, nor do we have control of the cookies downloaded from advertisements.They are downloaded only if you click on the advertisement.
Your Information and how it is used
Primarily, we collect and store data about you to help us provide better service and products to you. The following are purposes we may use your information for:
- At anytime you request information from us via a form or other electronic transmission we may use your information to fulfill that request relating to our services and products. We may also communicate with you on other products or services you may find of interest, only when consent has been provided.
- Contracts we make with you create a commitment, which may require contact or use of your information.
- We have the right to notify you of changes to our website, products or services that could affect our service to you.
- Information on products or services similar to those of an existing consumer purchase may be communicated to you. The information sent to you in a communication will be similar to the subject of a recent sale.
- We may also use your information or allow a third party use of this data, to offer you information about unrelated products or services you may be interested in. We or third parties can only communicate if you have consented to such communication and data use.
- New consumers can be contacted by our website or third parties only if consent has been granted, and only for those communications you have granted.
- An opportunity for declining your consent is provided on our site. Use this opportunity to withhold your details from us or third parties, regarding data we may collect.
- Be aware we do not reveal identifiable information about you to our advertisers, though we may at times share statistical visitor information with our advertisers.
Storage of Personal Data
- Information submitted by you is not stored on this website or server.
- As you know, transmission of data on the internet is never guaranteed regarding safety. It is impossible to guarantee your safety with electronic data and transmission. You are therefore at your own risk if you elect to transmit any data. When offered you may create a password, but you are responsible for keeping it confidential.
- We DO NOT store any credit card or financial details on our website or the server it is hosted on, your details are handled directly with our online merchant which is Paypal (www.paypal.com)
- If necessary, we may share personal information to our group members including such entities as subsidiaries, holding companies and their subsidiaries. Information is shared only when applicable.
- Third party disclosure may be necessary in regards to personal information:
- A sale of our business or its assets, in full or part, to a third party may require personal data sharing.
- Legally, we may be asked to share and disclose data details.
- To assist in reducing credit risk and fraud protection.
Third Party Links
The Data Protection Act 1998 provides you with the right to access the information that we collect about you. Please note any demand for access may be subject to a fee of £10 which covers our costs in providing you with the data requested. The contact information below needs to be used to request access about details we collect and store on you.